Well it’s official, its finally winter in New York! There’s about a foot of snow so far and there’s more coming down! Are you guys getting hit with a lot too? If you’re not, be jealous! This is gorgeous! I woke up instantly needing a bowl of thick soup and the only ingredients I had were frozen broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes and bone broth….so I went right to it!
What could be better than a soup filled with veggies and some awesome nutrients? This soup is packed with everything you need to kiss your winter sniffles goodbye!
What I really enjoy about this soup is that you can make it as thick or thin as you’d like just by adding some extra liquid! I like my soups thick and creamy, especially on a cold winter, snowy day.
Not to mention, this soup is super filling and delicious. You’ll only need one bowl (maybe 2, this stuff is addicting!!). This soup is totally Whole 30 friendly, so you know it’s packed with super great ingredients. This January Whole 30 isn’t so hard after all!
Make this to warm up and feel good!
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 medium russet potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- 2 cups bone broth of your choice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- *1/4-1/2 cup of water
- In a large pot with no oil, add in chopped onions and potatoes. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add in frozen broccoli, cauliflower, bone broth and seasoning.
- Let simmer uncovered until potatoes are fork tender (fork should easily go through potato without breaking).
- Take off heat.
- With and immersion blender or food processor, blend contents until it resembles a thick soup.
- *Add water if the soup seems too thick.
- Season to perfection!