Mmm, there’s nothing like Chocolate Mousse, huh? This Vegan Chocolate Mousse Pie with fresh fruit is so refreshing and light, perfect for any summer get together or just hanging with the gals.
I absolutely positively adore this recipe. I love it, I want it, I have to have it right NOW. The leftovers sitting in my fridge are calling my name right now. When I was deciding which dessert recipe to bring to my family BBQ, I immediately decided this one as soon as I took the first bite.
I should probably throw it in the trash so I stop staring at the fridge and cutting off tiny slices…every 10 minutes. This recipe is Paleo friendly, vegan and filled with nutritious ingredients (my favorite combo). Avocados add a great creamy mousse-like texture to desserts. if you haven’t tried making avocado pudding or adding avocado to your smoothies, I highly suggest it.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut flakes, shredded
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 large avocados
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut shreds and coconut flour.
- Drizzle in oil, honey and vanilla extract. Mix until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer coconut mixture into a tart pan.
- Using the tips of your fingers, spread it evenly into bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until crust becomes golden brown. Let cool.
- While crust is cooling, prepare the filling.
- In a food processor or blender, combine avocado, almond milk, cocoa powder and honey until a thick pudding is formed.
- Place in fridge covered to chill for about 10-15min.
- Once crust is cooled, pour in the filling and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Place fresh fruit over the top.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve!