Boy oh boy, I have been looking looking for a clean protein powder for as long as I can remember. I am so excited to be working with ROOTZ to bring you guys this awesome new recipe. Harrison (the creator and owner) has a great outlook on nutrition and health, thus leading to the birth of the delicious Chocolate Banana Nut post-workout protein powder.
When I was thinking of what kind of smoothies I could make with ROOTZ, the first thing that popped into my head was Thin Mints. Obviously, I wanted it to be as clean as possible, so I went with a Whole 30 approach on a healthy, nutritious, chocolate peppermint smoothie and let me tell you. It’s freakin’ amazingggggg!
This Smoothie is super easy to make and the perfect combination of ingredients to satisfy your needs, but with a flavor that makes your inner fat girl smile. So why do I like this protein-superfood so much? Well, first off let me tell you how I heard about Rootz in the first place. I met Harrison at his booth at Paleo (f)x this past May. Everything was shutting down for the first night and there was Harrison and I chatting away about health, nutrition and how amazing this protein powder is. After meeting him and learning about his products, I made sure to send everyone I met to his booth.
Now let’s talk about these amazing ingredients. They are top-notch nutrients that we need to recover after a workout and promote overall health.
Here is what you get:
- Protein Blend: Egg White Protein, Sacha Inchi Protein, Hemp Protein
- Electrolyte Blend: Coconut, Banana
- Superfood Blend: Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, Maca Root, Bee Pollen, Acai, Goji Berries, Blueberries, Royal Jelly
- Green Detox Blend: Spirulina, Chlorella, Kale, Spinach, Broccoli
- Other Ingredients: Natural Chocolate Extract, Natural Vanilla Extract, Stevia Leaf, Cinnamon, Natural Sea Salt
I drink one shake a day, after my workout or to replace a meal when I am on the go. My go-to smoothie is this Cocoa Peppermint smoothie. Why you ask? It is so easy to make and I always have the ingredients on hand. I throw it all in a blender and press a button and out comes a cup full of smiles.
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ ripe banana
- 1 scoop of Rootz Chocolate Banana Nut Protein Powder
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and mix until fully combined.