Good morning! I am all about easy, delicious and nutritious meals (like my Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken). This Onion & Garlic Seared Cod with Lemon Greens is just that– simple, healthy and filled with good nutrients.
Normally, I am not a fish person but being in a family of fisherman, I decided it was time to give it a try. I went to my local market and found a perfect piece of fresh Cod. Cod is a good source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids and is packed with nutrients!
Guys, this recipe might be my best yet. Not only was it BEYOND easy to make, the taste is ON POINT. Not to toot my own horn, but this fish tastes pretty good for someone who really had never cooked with it before.
This recipe is Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Paleo and Whole 30 approved.
It took me 20 minutes to make and about 2 seconds to eat. Get some cod the next time you are at the supermarket and make this recipe. You won’t regret it!
Onion & Garlic Seared Cod with Lemon Greens
Author: Chelsea Gold
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1-2 pound Filet of Cod (I used fresh Cod)
- 1 tbsp of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp onion, minced
- 1 tbsp Primal Palate Fish Seasoning
- ½ tbs of Paprika
- 1 Fresh Lemon
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- ½ cup kale
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- salt and pepper
- In a hot skillet, melt Coconut Oil, add in garlic, onions and ½ of squeezed Lemon
- Wash and season Cod on both sides with Primal Palate Fish Seasoning and paprika
- Cook on each side for about 3 min or until it is flaky and fully cooked through
- Squeeze other half of lemon over the finished Cod
- In a hot skillet, melt Coconut Oil
- Sauté spinach, green beans, and kale until wilted.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.