This is stop #5 on the ShopRite® #NYCWFF Virtual Food Tour! All week long, different bloggers are recreating recipes that will be featured at the New York City Wine and Food Festival Grand Tasting Presented by ShopRite®.
This is my favorite event of the year! I am so ‘fan girl’ crazy over the NYCWFF. It is this HUGE 4-day event that takes place in NYC and all of the Food Network stars attend. A few years back, my sister, Amanda, went and met her all time, girl crush Rachel Ray. At the time, I wan’t really into food or blogging so it didn’t mean much to me but now…. HOLY MOLY I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO BE THERE.
Although I cannot make it this year, I am so lucky to be teaming up with ShopRite® to bring the NYWFF to you at home! There are a hand full of fellow food bloggers that are sharing some of the dishes that will be served at this year’s Grand Tasting. We want to show you that you don’t have to be a professional chef to enjoy these amazing dishes!
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 ½ cups chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- ½ cup drained Pearl jalapeño-stuffed green olives
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- Blanch shrimp in boiling water with cut lemon 1-2 minutes until pink, remove to ice bath, drain well and discard lemon
- Combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Note: It’s important to use a juicer that presses the juice out of the limes, not one that will tear the membrane of the lime sections since this will make the lime juice bitter
This Ceviche was super easy to make and it was such a crowd pleaser! I am not the biggest fan of shrimp and I licked the bowl clean. The ingredients were so fresh and the longer they sat together, the better the taste was. ShopRite® was kind enough to give me and my family giftcards to throw a NYCWFF party with their favorite imported Italian goodies to go along with my ceviche. The mix was delish!
Check out Stacey Snacks’ blog tomorrow for the next recipe on the ShopRite #NYCWFF Virtual Food Tour- Sweet and Salty Bark. Celebrate the spirit of the festival at home, and find everything you need at your local ShopRite®.
Disclaimer: ShopRite provided me with free products and a ShopRite Gift Card for my involvement in the NYCWFF Food Blogger Tour, but all opinions expressed are 100% my own.