This recipe came to me in my dreams. This Dairy Free Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken is delicious. It is 100% Paleo and gluten-free too.
So, I finally had a day off (like actually off, with nothing to do), so that meant I got to cook. It was pretty cold out and I felt like being lazy, so I decided to try a grocery delivery service for the first time. It was beyond easy. All I had to do was pick what I wanted and the amount of each item and press GO (obviously I had to pay for the items). At first, I was shocked at how reasonably priced it was. 14 items for $55? Not bad for all organic, free range, and whatever else.
The app sent me updates as My Shopper put items in my cart and whether or not they made changes to my items. One thing that I didn’t like was that My Shopper got more than I asked for, as in chicken that cost more per pound and more expensive nut butter, causing my price to go up over $20! Also, a few items were not found at the store so the person automatically changed the flavor or item without my approval.
Besides that, everything went smoothly. I was able to get some work done in bed and waited for my delivery. The reason I am not sharing what service I used is because I am not sure if I 100% like it. I might have to give them another try. It was EXTREMELY convenient and much appreciated after a long stressful week, but do the negatives outweigh the positives? I will keep you updated!
But let’s get to the recipe
Now my Dairy Free Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken is SUPER EASY to make. It maybe took me 1o minutes to actually assemble the chicken, and the rest was waiting for it to cook. I love the mixture of spinach and artichokes together. And who doesn’t love Spinach and Artichoke dip? I made this recipe to be a much lighter and healthier version using a nut cheese. The spinach and artichokes add great nutrients like fiber, iron and vitamin C. Yum!
- 4 Chicken Breasts, skin on (optional)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil or Ghee
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 3 handfuls of Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 Artichoke Hearts, roughly chopped
- ½ C Kite Hill Dairy Free Cream Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mince and chop garlic, spinach and artichokes
- In a large hot skillet melt coconut oil/ghee. Add minced garlic, spinach and artichoke pieces. Saute until spinach is wilted.
- Once cooked add garlic, spinach and artichoke pieces in a medium bowl. Add in the Kite Hill Cream Cheese and mix until fully combined. Place in refrigerator until cooled.
- Butterfly chicken (directions here http://bit.ly/2oDNUPu)
- Keep skillet hot and melt more oil in the pan if needed.
- Take about 2 tbsp of spinach and artichoke mixture and place into the butterflied chicken. Fold over other half of chicken. Repeat until finished.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on skin of chicken
- Place skin side down in hot pan. Let sear for 3 minutes and flip. Sear other side for 3 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chicken on baking sheet and place in oven for 15-20 min or until chicken is fully cooked.
Check out these other healthy dinner recipes: