Yum Yum YUM! I just got back from a long, relaxing vacation in Israel. I NEEDED this vacation so badly after the last 2 years I have had. While I was away, I got to enjoy the freshness of the amazing Isralie food. Everything tasted 10x better than here in the states.
I tried to have a salad a day in Israel (or just something green), and I became so inspired by the fresh tastes and all of the amazing dressings. I will do a separate post about eating clean in Israel, but for now look at some of these amazing salads I ate! PS- don’t mind the horrible pictures, the lighting wasn’t the best.
I came home wanting another salad (especially after sitting on a 12-hour flight home that was filled with carbs). I went to my flourishing garden (seriously it grew SO MUCH) and grabbed a ton of kale and cabbage and got to work. I took any salad fixings I could find in my empty pantry and threw it in the bowl, too. This dressing is so easy and delicious to make. I personally think it tastes better cold, so make a large batch in advance and keep it in a container in the fridge.
- ⅔ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- In a tall container add the avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, egg, and dijon mustard.
- Place an immersion blender at the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture starts to become thick, slowly move the immersion blender towards the top, until it is all well blended together.
- Add the sea salt, honey and poppyseeds to the container and blend with the immersion blender again until well combined.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and enjoy!