Crunch, crunch, crunnnnch. I can snack on these all day, every day. Not only do chickpeas make a delicious snack, they are filled with protein and are filled with some good nutrients. I am going to the movies this weekend and instead of getting popcorn and crying myself to sleep, I am going to bring these little guys to munch on.
The good news is that you can make these in giant batches and they will stay crunchy for a few days, if not weeks if you keep them in an air-tight container. Make this sweet and salty snack, they wont last long in your house. Trust me!
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Dry the chickpeas by patting the chickpeas with a clean dishtowel or paper towels. They should feel dry to the touch.
- Leave them to air-dry for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the chickpeas with avocado oil, salt and honey. Make sure they are evenly coated
- Spread the chickpeas out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Shake the pan every 10 minutes.
- The chickpeas are done when golden and slightly darkened, dry and crispy on the outside, and soft in the middle.
- Sprinkle some more salt on top.
- You can let cool until air temperature or serve warm and crispy!